IS424C16A Smart Card
The IS24C16A Smart Card provides 2 KB of serial EEPROM accessible by the SimplyTronics ST-00019 Smart Card Reader. Memory is organized into eight 16-byte pages, providing a vast amount of storage for your smart card application.
- Memory Organization: 2048 x 8 bits, in eight 16-byte pages
- 1,000,000 erase/write cycles guaranteed with 100 year data retention
- 5 ms max write time with auto clear
- Compatible with BASIC Stamp®, Propeller™ and most microcontrollers
- Power Requirements: 1.8–5.5 VDC
- Communication: I2C (CMOS)
- Operating temperature: -40 to +212 °F (-40 to +100 °C)
- Dimensions: 2.5 x 3 in (6.35 x 7.62 cm)
- Security systems
- Data storage
- Tracking systems
- Identity authentication
About the IS24C16A Smart Card
Smart cards are used in a variety of applications ranging from telecommunications to personal finance. The IS24C16A smart card is 2048 x 8 bits of EEPROM memory, organized into eight 16-byte pages. The pins of the IS24C16A are accessible through the gold plated contact pads embedded in the card, and when paired with the ST-00019 Smart Card Reader can be connected to the IO pins of a microcontroller.
In order to interface with the smart card, a smart card reader must be used. The diagram below demonstrates how to connect the ST-00019 Smart Card Reader to your microcontroller for use with the example programs included on the IS24C16A product page. When inserting the smart card into the reader, be sure the gold contact pads are facing down.
Resources and Downloads
Check for the latest version of this document, manufacturer’s datasheet, and example programs from the IS24C16A Smart Card in the links below.
Example code for the BASIC Stamp 2 can be found in the link below
Example code for the Propeller can be found in the link below